Last Sunday, we all got together for a Bright Sky Nutrition picnic. We had a great time seeing everyone outside of work. We all brought a dish, and Donna brought this one: Smoke Gouda Cauliflower. It was an absolute hit! Not a single kiddo thought they were eating a vegetable. It was cheesy, creamy, and delicious. This dish would be amazing as a meal or as a side. Trust me, you'll love this recipe. Better yet, it's dietitian-approved!
- 1 large cauliflower, diced and roasted (or broiled)
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz smoked Gouda cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Green onions (optional)
- Bacon (optional)
- Roast or broil diced cauliflower.
- Drain off excess water and mash into chunks. (Don't overmash; you want this to be similar to macaroni noodles.)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Stir in softened cream cheese until melted and blended with mashed cauliflower. Sprinkle in salt and pepper.
- Grease a 9x9" casserole dish and put half of the cauliflower mixture in the dish. Sprinkle with half of the grated Gouda cheese.
- Layer the remaining cauliflower mash on top, then the rest of the grated Gouda cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the dish is hot and bubbly.