This is a TV segment I did for KOLR10 News (Springfield, Missouri) that teaches how to make Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles. This is an easy, one-skillet dish you can make at home. This low-carb dish substitutes zucchini noodles for the pasta and it is so delicious. Plus, you can swap out the zucchini for spaghetti squash if that's what you have on hand!
Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 zucchini or summer squash
- 1/2 c. cherry tomatoes
- 2–3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. garlic, crushed
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 c. dry white wine or broth
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and garlic. Cook slowly to infuse the oil with the garlic, but do not burn garlic.
- Add zucchini noodles and red pepper flakes.
- Raise heat to medium high.
- Add shrimp and season with a little salt.
- Cook until shrimp is almost done.
- Add wine. Cook until alcohol is burned off, about 1 minute.
- Add lemon juice and butter to finish.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired, and serve immediately.
Amounts per Serving
- Calories: 275
- Fat: 12 grams
- Cholesterol: 90 mg
- Sodium: 728 mg
- Sugar: .7 grams
- Carbohydrate: 5.2 grams
- Fiber: 4 grams
- Protein: 31.4 grams
Adapted from food.com.