Adapted from: allrecipes.com
Yields: 4 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Total: 10 minutes
- 1/2 c. pecans or walnuts
- 3 c. greens, lettuce, kale, spinach, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 c. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 c. strawberries, sliced
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar, flavored optional
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Wash hands.
- Preheat electric skillet to 375°F. Add walnuts or pecans and place lid on skillet. Allow nuts to heat up for 2–3 minutes. (TIP: When the nuts are warmed and toasting, you will hear a low sizzle.) Stir as needed. Remove when nuts are lightly browned. ALTERNATIVE: Nuts can also be toasted in an air fryer, set on 375 for 4 minutes.
- Slice onion into very thing slices. (TIP: Use gloves whenever you touch onions.)
- For dressing: Pour olive oil and balsamic vinegar into plastic dressing bottle. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Shake until well blended.
- Toss together greens, feta cheese, sliced onions, strawberries, and pecans. Toss with dressing.
- Serve as a side, or make it a meal by adding salmon or chicken.