- 1 small red onion
- 3/4 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 tsp. high-quality balsamic vinegar (optional, but highly recommended)
- Thinly slice the red onion and place in a low bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir the olive oil, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, and dried oregano together to combine well.
- Pour the mixture over the onions, making sure the onions are submerged.
- Let it sit on the counter at room temperature to marinate for 12 hours before using. Keeps for 2 to 3 days unrefridgerated.