This is a delightful cold soup to serve on hot summer days.
Chilled Cucumber and Avocado Soup
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and cut into rough slices
- 1 large Haas avocado; halved, pitted, and scooped out (remove pit)
- 2 scallions, chopped (green and white parts)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4- to 1/2-tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (or to taste)
Mango Salsa Ingredients
- 1 c Ataulfo mango, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 c tomato, 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 c shucked corn kernels (raw)
- 1/2c cilantro, loosely packed and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Blend all soup ingredients together in a blender until smooth, adding enough water (about a scant half cup) to achieve a perfectly creamy texture.
Toss Mango Salsa ingredients together in a small bowl.
Transfer soup to four serving bowls. Top each serving with a half cup of Mango Salsa. Serve.