If you're looking for the best homemade ranch, look no further—you've found it!
I love making this ranch at the beginning of the week. This ranch is perfect for salads, veggies, wings, proteins, chips, salsa—you name it, this ranch would be delicious with it.
Obviously, this ranch is delicious, but another reason I call it the "best homemade ranch," is because it's made with 100 percent whole ingredients. Most store-bought ranch is packed with soybean oil, added sugars, and preservatives. Yuck! This amazing ranch has zero sugar. Since I used Primal Kitchen Mayo with Avocado oil, it doesn't have dairy or soybean oil, either.
Most of these ingredients are probably already in your pantry, so make this ranch, and thank me later!
This recipe comes from the one-and-only sauce queen, Healthy Little Peach. You can find the full recipe here.
Baked Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce
Yields 7 to 8, 1-cup servings
Prep time: 1 hour, 45 minutes
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 16-oz. jar marinara sauce (no added sugar or chemicals)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2–3 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- With a fork, poke several holes into the spaghetti squash.
- Place spaghetti squash in microwave on high for 20 minutes.
- Remove spaghetti squash from microwave. (Be careful! It's hot!) Cut squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds.
- Place a colander inside a larger bowl.
- With a fork, shred spaghetti squash and place in colander.
- Salt spaghetti squash. Place squash in refrigerator for 1 hour, to extract the extra water.
- Heat pan to medium heat. Place ground sausage in pan and cook until browned.
- Add the marinara sauce to the sausage and mix together.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Remove cooked squash from the refrigerator. Add Parmesan cheese and eggs to the squash and combine.
- Layer spaghetti squash, meat sauce, and 1 cup of the mozzerella cheese into a 9-inch pie plate. Repeat layers until ingredients are used up. Top with a generous layer of mozzerella cheese.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes.
Amounts per Serving
- Calories: 240
- Fat: 7 grams
- Cholesterol: 120 mg
- Sodium: 350mg
- Carbohydrate: 20 grams
- Fiber: 7 grams
- Protein: 14 grams